Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I was given hepatitis c from a blood transfusion at birth in

Customer Question

I was given hepatitis c from a blood transfusion at birth in 1988, didn't get diagnose until was in the 5th grade is there anything I can do, there is a treatment now that can eradicate the virus and I keep getting jerked around saying dont come bac until I show signs of it basically killing me
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
The problem is with the MN statute of limitations, which is why you are likely not getting answers. Under MN law, birth injury claims must be filed within four years from the time of the injury or time injury is discovered. If no claim was filed within that time, it would be barred by the statute of limitations and that would be what would keep you from filing suit now after this much time has passed.