Allen M., Esq.
Allen M., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer and legal specialist.
20011183

In Greenville, SC If my husband and I are still married but,

Customer Question

In Greenville, SC
If my husband and I are still married but, are legally separated is him living with a women and adultery?
Thanks,
Sandra Obermeier
Expert:  Allen M., Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for trusting your question to JA today. I’m happy to be of assistance.

While living with someone else isn't adultery, but it can be inferred that they are doing more than living together.

If the marriage still is in place, then any intercourse outside of it is adultery under the law. That being said, there is very little utility for that fact, beyond substantiating a basis for a divorce (but not having any real effect on the outcome of the division of assets).

If you have any further questions, please let me know. I invite follow up questions, so use REPLY for those. If you have no further questions then good luck going forward and please do not forget to rate my service so that I receive credit for working with you today.

Hello, I wanted to check in and make sure that there was not any additional information that you required.

If you need further assistance, please use REPLY and ask me for any additional information you may need. If not, take care and have a great day.