Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

There is someone in my husbands organizing that's slandering

Customer Question

There is someone in my husbands organizing that's slandering his name and talking about information he was privy to in a confidential meeting this man continued to defame and slander my husbands name and my husband holds the highest office in this organization what can we do to make him stop
M
Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Good morning, I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

You can sue them for defamation. Actually, you would start with a cease and desist letter to anyone making these false accusations.

If this does not get a retraction, you will need to file suit for defamation. This cause of action is specifically for damage caused to one's reputation. To establish a prima facie case of defamation, four elements are generally required:

1. a false statement purporting to be fact concerning another person or entity;

2. publication or communication of that statement to a third person;

3. fault on the part of the person making the statement amounting to intent or at least negligence; and,

4. some harm caused to the person or entity who is the subject of the statement.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

This involves complex litigation and it is strongly advised that you retain local counsel to assist you in protecting your rights before taking any action in this matter.

If you need assistance in finding an attorney, contact your state or local bar association. You can also try Martindale Hubble. Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:
http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database of attorneys searchable by location and specialty.

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 11 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?