Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I have been found disabled in court and won my social

Customer Question

I have been found disabled in court and won my social security disability with a highly favorable decision, I am still on workmans comp I have they work study that says that I am NOT employable my doctor says that I am NOT employable out of work indefinitely I have been found disabled in court and one my soul Security disability with a highly favored table decision, I am still on workmans comp I have a work study that says that I am NOT in employable my doctor says that I am NOT employee able out of work and definitely in court for social security I had work evaluation guy that said there was 0 jobs in the country I could do and workers comp just sent me to work evaluation guy I was contacted by my worker comp attorney today that said that the guy has not made his decision but I am to meet with him because they have hired him anyway to find me a job. This guy told me that I am not to tell employers that I have restrictions or that I'm disabled or that I'm on high amounts of oxycontin, just to get hired is this legal on any part
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts.

I don't think it is illegal (meaning against any specific laws) but it is definitely unethical.

Di you have a lawyer either for the Social Security or for the worker comp?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
my doctor says I can't work, that it could do more damage, and them making go to try to get a job, anyway and telling me that I am not to tell my restrictions, or to tell them that I'm on narcotics as of oxycontin, that I'm just to get a job is not illegal

No, because there is no law that states you must tell an employer the truth when applying for a job.

It has long term repercussions. For instance, if you were injured again at work (or killed) the employer might be able to avoid liability. If you were wrongfully terminated and the employer found out you lied on the application there is case law saying you wouldn't be entitled to damages. Those are just a couple of examples.

Most people are under the mistaken impression there are laws covering almost every situation when in reality very few are actually covered.

If you had a lawyer, or have one now, what you should do is have them write a letter to the "work evaluation guy" telling him that you are not comfortable following his instructions to lie to the prospective employers and "not to tell employers that I have restrictions or that I'm disabled or that I'm on high amounts of oxycontin, just to get hired".

When you do that he will immediately respond and start trying to cover his rear, tell you he never said that, and that you should tell the potential employers the truth, etc.