How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 54982
Experience:  Attorney with 29 years of experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My lawyer overly charged and made up dates and times he

Customer Question

My lawyer overly charged and made up dates and times for work he never did
Now he filed a law suit
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you.

I would raise the stakes on him by filing a counter suit for legal malpractice, fraud, and deceptive trade practices. In your counter suit, I would spell out the the specific facts and ask the court to award both actual and punitive damages; the punitive damages due to the lawyer's intentional and willful misconduct. In my experience, simply filing your counter suit is likely all you will need to do because the lawyer will give return your money, pay your damages, and return your file rather than risk judgments being on his record and punitive damages.

Related Legal Questions