LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I wrote a bad check 8 years ago in fl I just called county

Customer Question

Customer: i wrote a bad check 8 years ago in fl I just called county and they said ther is no warrant for my arrest is there staue of limations
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: is there statue of limations on fl 8 year old ckeck
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Under FL law, the criminal statute of limitations for a bad check is 3 years, and the civil statute of limitations which would allow the party that was written the check to sue for breach of contract is 5 years at most, and so if no criminal charges have yet been filed and no civil lawsuit filed by the the person who received the bad check, then after 8 years it is too late for any criminal or civil action.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug