Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Name is ***** *****. Wife being sued by cavalry spv over old

Customer Question

Customer: Name is ***** *****. Wife being sued by cavalry spv over old cc debt
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: got served papers by the sherrif on wednesday
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Consumer Protection Law Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I guess i am looking for an experienced attorney in my area as i believe we are way past the statute of limitations.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you'll tell me what state you're in, I'll check the statute of limitations and let you know. Thanks.

[I'm about to go into a meeting, so it may be a short while before I post s response].

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We are in Pa
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the information. In Pennsylvania, The statute of limitations on open-end accounts (credit cards) is 4 years. (42 Pa. C.S. 5525(a). This, the creditor has 4 years to file suit from the date of the last activity on the account, which Is usually the last payment or charge made to the account.

If the creditor does not file suit within 4 years of that last activity, the debt is unenforceable.