Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Tax law question here. I own a Limo company that is based in

Customer Question

Hi guys,
Tax law question here. I own a Limo company that is based in the city Lakewood, California. I was told by the city of Los Angeles that I needed to apply for a transient operator tax certificate before operating within their city. I had moved about a year ago and stopped recording my mail and I completely forgot about the tax certificate. I have just received a letter addressed to my old address of a "estimated tax assessment" for $15,000. I had until October 3rd to request an appeal but I have just received the letter now in December. Is there anything I can do or am I liable for the full amount?
Expert:  Maverick replied 11 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

1. Can you please upload whatever paperwork you have about this matter for us to review so we can better assist you?