Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I am akhilesh and I am having an issue with spirit airlines

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I am akhilesh and I am having an issue with spirit airlines
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My wife booked 7 tickets on spirit airlines through travelocity. Travelocity sent her a confirmation email (with a confirmation code). An hour later, spirit airlines sent her an email saying her itinerary is canceled (although it had a different confirmation code) Since she got the cancelation email, she went ahead and booked the tickets on another airline. But now Spirit has charged her card, and also sent a confirmation of ticket and refusing to refund the money
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

When Spirit sent the email stating that the itinerary was cancelled, that ended the agreement that you had to purchase those tickets. Their leter attempt to reinstate the agreement was improper. You r best solution to resolving the issue is to file a dispute with your credit card company. Notify your credit card company that the charges on the card were not authorized because the airline cancelled the itinerary and then unilaterally, and without notivce or permision reinstated the charge on your card.

Make sure that you keep the emails showing that Spirit cancelled first, and then later charged your card. Going through the credit card dispute process is the most cost effective and quickest way to try to resolve this.

If that does not work, then you will be looking at suing the airline. That is more complicated, expensive, and time consuming. Depending on the dollar amount you may be able to sue them in small claims court. Your local court will have the forms that you need.

Another alternative to the court will be Arbitration. It is less expensive. Travelocity Contact Travelocities customer service and ask that they send you the complaint forms necessary for disputing a charge by the airline:

https://www.contacthelp.com/Travelocity/customer-service

You should have the best advantage with your own crdit card company dispute process.

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.