Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Is is re private school teacher contract
, We have a 10

Customer Question

Customer: Jen, and is is re private school teacher contract
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: We have a 10 month and 12 month contract option. A teacher who chose a 10 month option is quitting without notice and is claiming that we owe her a prorated amount of pay (10 month basis rather than 12) because she's claiming the "standard" is 10 months, but she opted and signed for 12 months. I say she is bound by the contract signed, not the 10 month typical contract.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure, and I don't need the answer posted, but don't mind paying for the advice. FYI, we are in CA.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

1. Can you tell me how the calculation would differ under the 12 month option she signed vs. the pro-rated approach she wants to take?

2. Please state the specific legal question you want answered so we may better assist you.

3. What the contract say about the consequences of a breach or early termination?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, now since I just read the terms of service, I would prefer not to continue. I will seek private counsel. Thank you.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

May I ask what it is about the terms that made you change your mind?

You know that you do not have to pay for the answer if you are not satisfied.