Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

I made a -out correction to a dollar value on a bid form. I

Customer Question

I made a white-out correction to a dollar value on a bid form. I failed to initial the change. Does this render my bid proposal an invalid, or not responsive?
Expert:  Legalease replied 11 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Your bid is still valid. While it has become a common practice to initialize changes on contracts if you make a change to the final document, there are no laws stating that you absolutely must put your initials beside such changes or the change is invalid. If you do not want the bid to go through you could technically make such an argument, however, if the matter actually ends up in court and you are under oath you would be compelled to tell the court that you made the change and it was acceptable to you. By the same token, if you want the bid to be valid and someone is telling you that it is not valid because you did not initialize the change, they are not legally correct and a court of law will enforce the bid contract if you actually pursued a lawsuit to enforce the contract.

-

Please let me know if you have further questions. If not, can you please press a positive rating above so I will be paid for my time. I am paid nothing unless you press a positive rating above before leaving the website. Doing so will not cost you any additional money -- it simply acts as the trigger to Just Answer to pay me for my time assisting you today.

-

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

MARY