Marsha411JD, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Atty, 29 yrs exp in the practice of law.
19127644

I have a question about ordering a Crayfish A Australian

Customer Question

Hey i have a question about ordering a Crayfish A Australian crayfish and shipping it here to texas is those things illegal cause one guy told me that it could be a fine for 5000 dollars and i love sea Animals and i love them and i just wanted to know something behind this.
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information and your question. Texas, like many states, makes it unlawful to possess any non-native crayfish, along with many other exotic species. There is a permit system but that is very limited to zoological, research and aquaculture purposes. You can read more about this issue and see the complete list of prohibited exotics by going to the following link: http://tpwd.texas.gov/huntwild/wild/species/exotic/prohibited_aquatic.phtml

Please feel free to ask for clarification after you have reviewed the link if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 17th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit (paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating, please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator. Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue, if needed. You can bookmark my page at: http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-marsha411jd/

Thank you.