Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

We both separated. He leaves in another place over the past

Customer Question

We both separated. He leaves in another place over the past years. Now filled for chapter 13. Both loan and deed are under his name. The house also under lien d/t late tax payment. Is it safe and legal he put my name on house deed and title without informing court??
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

In order for him to transfer property out of his name, he must obtain court approval. Also, if he were to receive a profit from a sale or refinance, some or all of that profit may have to be applied to pay your Chapter 13 creditors. If he fails to obtain court approval, the transaction may be set aside and your case may be dismissed.