Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I sold 90 acres. I had 1 mile of 3inch poly on top of the

Customer Question

I sold 90 acres. I had 1 mile of 3inch poly on top of the ground used for pumping water to kinder morgan. The new owner asked if he could use it to sell water to kinder. I said yes, till they were no longer buying water. then I wanted it for other property I own. A year later his forman said it was theirs because I did not exclude it from the sale. There was no buy sell. just a closing.
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

If you didn't reserve ownership of the pipe, reserve an easement, etc., then you'd likely have a tough time claiming that it still belongs to you.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

This is so because improvements to property generally transfer with the land unless reserved or excluded.