Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My father is in heavy debt (compulsive gambling). My mother

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, my father is in heavy debt (compulsive gambling). My mother has been lending him money over the years. Recently, he had come to ask for an additional $80k. However, she is at her final straw and will like to only lend him this final sum upon condition that he agrees to divorce. She will like to know how we can legally bind him to this agreement. (lending $80k = divorce)
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My father said he will be selling their matrimonial flat and returning her the $80k upon the sales.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How fast can i get the answer? Also, I do not wish to publish this online.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Sam replied 11 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. What state is this or is it in the UK?