Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

What must be done and what are any posting requirements that

Customer Question

What must be done and what are any posting requirements that must be met in order to enforce a "No Bikes" and/or "No Dogs" policy on a Pennsylvania public school athletic field?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The three pictures I have attached show the two existing signs by the northern side of the athletic park, and their location. I did not walk all around the park to see if there were other signs posted. I did not notice any postings inside the park.
Expert:  Sam replied 12 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

Is the Antietam Athletic Field County/City/Town or State owned, do you know?

Expert:  Sam replied 12 months ago.

And to be clear you want to make it an ordinance there be no dogs or bikes on that field and/or other taxpayer funded fields?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't know if the municipal school district owns or leases the athletic park property; and I don't know if there is any existing ordinance that covers dogs or bikes on the property. I will inquire at the municipal office and return to you with the information you suggest. This may take a few days. Thank you.
Expert:  Sam replied 12 months ago.

Thank you

You first will want to know who is the governing agency. Because what you need to do is talk to the lawmakers and have then bring the law/ordinance to a vote.

Expert:  Sam replied 12 months ago.

If this is a county or city/town and not a state owned property, then you need to talk to you council people. But I am guessing that since it is on public school property, it would be state owned and protected. That would mean you need to contact your local elected official to the General Assembly -

Expert:  Sam replied 12 months ago.

You can use this LINK to find out who your legislator is. Call them, speak to their staff aide and find out if they have laws against dogs and bikes of this nature on these properties. Ask if your legislator would be willing to bring a proposal to the legislature to add Dogs and Bikes to the list of prohibitions.

Expert:  Sam replied 12 months ago.

If it is a local government funded park then you need to talk to your council representatives and see if they would bring a proposal for a vote to have Dogs and Bikes added.

This is how the laws and the ordinances are made.

Please let me know if you have other questions, need more information or clarification in this regard. Otherwise, thanking you in advance for a Positive Rating as that is how I get credit for my time and information.

Thank you