Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

A utility company is asking us to pay increase in wattage

Customer Question

A utility company is asking us to pay for an increase in wattage for a location from which we have moved.At an informal hearing the Observer stated that the utility company was at fault ; They are still pursuing the charge; I am ninety years old and for safety reasons I had the light installed when I lived in Detroit; the bill was paid every month.THE CONTRACT states we must PAY EVEN IF WE DONT LIVE THERE It. IS A FOUR YEAR CONTRACT THE NEW OWNERS OF THE PROPERTY ARE ALSO PAYING THE MONTHLY FEE . ***** ***** Jones (###) ###-#### ($713. 51 )
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
So they are collecting from the new owner and also want to collect from you as well? What happened when the observer testified the utility company was at fault? What is your specific question for us?