CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

When a decision is timely appealed to the Civil Board of

Customer Question

When a decision is timely appealed to the Civil Board of Contract Appeals, is the effectiveness of the decision being appealed held in abeyance until final decision by the Board.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 11 months ago.

No, the decision is still enforceable pending the appeal. The party making the appeal must make a separate motion asking to "stay" the enforcement of the underlying decision pending the outcome on appeal.

Most appellate panels will grant this relief (the standard is whether or not "irreperable injury will occur if the order is not enforced" - these proceedings generally lend themselves to delayed enforcement and finality of decision).

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you!

You are welcome, and I do wish you the best with this matter.

Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.

If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.

Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.

Bill