socrateaser, Lawyer
Experience:  Retired (mostly)
10097515

My neighbors and I reported a neighbor who ran a taxi

Customer Question

Customer: My neighbors and I reported a neighbor who for years ran a taxi service then a car repo business from his house. Zoned residential. A small lot of about 50 X 100 ft. and sometimes 2 semis no trailer and 4 tow trucks with 6-8 cars would be parked there. He decided to contact an attorney to sue me for causing him to lose money and "defamation, slander, libel" were thrown in for good measure from attorney req. me to "cease and desist". I only complained to police about noise and the incommoding, traffic issues. The worked all night running up and down the neighborhood street. We let it go on for years until he started hiring rude and threatening ex-cons. A few out of the blue tried to run close to me while I was in my driveway. they threw trash on my yard regularly and parked...idled in front of my house often. The police in OK..won't mention city always laughed at my complaints and turned into what they called a "simple neighborhood feud". That was insulting and took any credibility I had right out of the discussion. He is suing ME? for what? I never published any document, or used his name in any complaint only that the business 3 doors down was violating city code and FCC laws. Uses radio to dispatch it interferes with our TV, media, phone....One ex con employee came to my yard one night and smoked meth. It woke me and my neighbor up. I feel threatened since there are 12 or more of them and only one of me. Help!!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Neighborhood zoned residential. Neighbor runs big trucks, tow trucks stores cars on small res. zoned property. He feels it is none of our business. Loud, and rude, and noisy all hours of night. Read above.He's taking to me to court for slander, libel, etc. I only complained to city that he's not zoned to operate in res. area like that. Hes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  socrateaser replied 11 months ago.

(intentionally deleted to protect the author's intellectual property rights)