Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

If roomate "A" invites a guest and that guest ends up

Customer Question

If roomate "A" invites a guest and that guest ends up stealing from the roommate "B" is roomate "A" responsible for the financial lost to roomate "B"??
Expert:  Barrister replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

.

No, one person is not legally responsible for the criminal actions of a third party, even if it was their guest. If the guest stole items from B, then guest is the only one who is legally responsible and can be criminally prosecuted or sued civilly if B can prove that guest took their personal property..

.

.

thanks