ScottyMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

Can a town municipality take your photo to enter a town?

Customer Question

can a town municipality take your photo to enter a town hall?
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

As creepy as that is (and hopefully there would be enough of a public backlash to stop them from that practice), they may do that. It would be a public event (not private) and as long as the condition to enter was equally applied (that is, not only required of "minorities", etc...) then it would be legal. Such a condition would be reviewed under a Constitutional standard of review of "merely rational", in that they would need to show that they had a rational reason for the condition. Given that there are a number of security issues involving town halls, this certainly would be met. So yes, it would be legal, although I certainly think that it would be ill-advised and even potentially an issue for candidates to use against the elected incumbents.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable. Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?