Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My Health Insurance Carrier is denying my claim Air

Customer Question

My Health Insurance Carrier is denying my claim for an Air Ambulance. I went to Cuba and I had an automobile accident with the car rental in Cuba. I was operated in Cuba, but they had minimal tools to fix my back. I broke L1 and L3, plus L2 was shatter. In order to get proper Medical attention an Air Ambulance was sent to Cuba to get me because I could not fly Commercial due the fact that I could not sit. Plus in my stay in the Hospital in Cuba my body got the E Coli bacteria which made a large hole where I was operated in Cuba. I thought the Air Ambulance was going to bring me to New Jersey my home state. Instead, the plane brought me to Miami, Florida, which is where I have been since July 9th. I am still given Medical care, but I am much better and I would like to go and stay in facility in New Jersey that is 5 minutes from my house. I asked the insurance for a transfer of facility to my home state and they approve my facility that I selected but they said I had to pay for my transportation, the only transportation take is a Air Ambulance because of the wound I had in my back. Doctors do not approve of me taking a Commercial jet to go back to New Jersey because,even though the wound that was cause by my e coli,the wound has not heal jet. The Doctors tell me if I fly Commercial now I would re-injure my wound and it would take another 4 to 6 months to get cured again.
Is there anything I can do to get Health Insurance to pay for my Air Ambulance?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Did your insurance pay for your initial air ambulance and how much was the bill?