How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 5398
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My NYC nursing home closed on Friday. We employees were to

Customer Question

My NYC nursing home closed on Friday. We employees were to be transferred to other facilities owned by the same company at salary cuts of 25-50%. Now I heard they are holding our salaries constant, pending negotiations with the union (I assume with the
union?). I am not sure I want to work for this company, but they seem anxious to get us to come to their other facilities but will put nothing in writing (for the 10 months I worked for them, all I had was pay stubs in spite of many promises). Can I get unemployment
if I don't take this deal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

You could get unemployment if a) there is a pay cut of 20% or more, OR b) the facility they transfer you to is not a reasonable transfer in terms of travel or terms and conditions of work (i.e., a reasonable person wouldn't accept the terms of the transfer or consider it a substantially similar position.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as it is the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.

Expert:  John replied 1 year ago.

I am sending you this follow-up to determine if you require further assistance with your matter. I believe I have answered your question to the best of my abilities. I truly enjoy helping others with my knowledge and experience, and I believe I provide a valuable service. If you agree that my response was of value to you, please support my endeavor to share my knowledge by providing a positive rating. You have already been charged the full amount for your question. Providing a positive rating will not cost you any additional charge, but it will permit the website to credit me with answering your question. Otherwise, the website does not credit me with answering your question. Thanks.

Related Legal Questions