Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

Rule 24 iii intervenor must state a claim or defense as

Customer Question

Rule 24 b iii intervenor must state a claim or defense as question of law or fact in common. I need to be sure to include this as the judge is quite strict. Are the original answers a claim or defense?
Expert:  jspraggins replied 1 year ago.

I would love to assist you on this assignment. When is the deadline for completing this, and what are there any special requirements for the assignment?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, I have a lawyer I am working with.merry Christmas in advance.
Expert:  jspraggins replied 1 year ago.

Thanks! I'll opt out now. Let me know if you ever need assistance.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

In your memorandum of law that accompanies your Rule 24 intervention motion, you need to explain what facts or laws you claim are in common in your case. In your situation, you are now the owner of the property once you file the deed, so you are asking the court to intervene you as a right as you are now the proper party and it is asking the court to substitute you as parties. The original answers contain both responses to the original complaint and also defenses to the original complaint. But that is not what the court wants, the court wants YOUR claims or defenses or reasons why you should be allowed to intervene.

Thank you, ***** ***** ever get this response? Do you have further questions?