LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Can my girlfriends landlord keep me from visiting her reason

Customer Question

can my girlfriends landlord keep me from visiting her for no reason except he doesn't likr me?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon. Do you know if there is anything in her lease agreement that would allow the landlord to do this or he just verbally told her you can not visit?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
nothing in the lease. told her verbally about two weeks ago

Thank you. No, he can not dictate and control who she can and can not have come visit. The only thing he could do, is provide her with a notice of lease violation and a chance to cure, if she violates the lease agreement in some way. What he told her is likely a result of the police being called and the desire to avoid problems. However, he could not simply tell her that you can no longer come over and visit. He can not just modify the lease in the middle of the term and tell her who can and can not come see her or stay with her, as a guest. There needs to be a legal basis to support his actions.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!