Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

I hav been suing my business partner years. He claims the

Customer Question

I hav been suing my business partner for four years. He claims the business is broke and asked the judge to allow him to dissolve it or that I could buy it for 30,000.00. We said we would buy it. When he realized we had the money the judge reversed his own decision to allow us to purchase it. Can a judge reverse his own decision?
Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

It is possible for a judge to change his ruling when there's some defined justification for it --- such as the judge misinterpreted a document, unintentionally applied the law incorrectly, etc. But, a change in the order usually is a result of a motion to reconsider by the losing party.

Expert:  Roger replied 1 year ago.

So, if the judge just entered an order without prompting by a party filing a motion and without giving a justified reason for changing his ruling, that's questionable and you may want to consider filing an appeal.