Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

I have a question. My mother purchased some property from a

Customer Question

I have a question. My mother purchased some property from a realtor in 2005 for $27,500 just just recently passed (in November of this year) and going through all the paper we found that the realtor have for one over changed her like over $20,000 she was sick and I was in the military until my medical retirement so I had no idea this was going on until now. What should we do about this?
Expert:  Barrister replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I will try my level best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

.

I really hate it when something like this happens because after so long, the family wouldn't have any legal recourse due to the statute of limitations running on any fraud (4 years) or breach of contract (5 years) action against the realtor.

.

Even if this was considered a criminal action, a first degree felony only has a 4 year statue of limitations for prosecution..

.

So unfortunately, at this point, there is no action that the heirs could take against the realtor...

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks