CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I filed my Chapter 13 Petition Pro Se in Maryland on

Customer Question

I filed my Chapter 13 Petition Pro Se in Maryland on 10/23/2015. Since then I have received 2 deficiency notices that I cured by the date required. Yesterday I received an Order from the Court striking my filing because I had supposedly failed to cure a deficiency requesting that I file Form 22C2 stating my current monthly income. I NEVER RECEIVED THIS NOTICE. I filed Schedule I regarding my income with the petition. Shall I file a Motion for Reconsideration Reinstating my Filing stating that I never ever received that deficiency notice? Please advise. Thank you.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Yes, you need to file a motion to reconsider in order to keep your case on file.

However, if you have received three separate deficiencies from the court, I would really strongly suggest that you retain a bankruptcy attorney to help you with your matter. While it is possible to file a second bankruptcy if your current one is dismissed, you lose a lot of the protections with each successive filing. Filing for bankruptcy is complicated, and most bankruptcy attorneys do not charge very much for their services - you will emerge from bankruptcy in much better financial position if you are represented than if you try to do it on your own.

(I do know that customers do not come to this site to be told "go hire a lawyer" - but you really need one. You can find local attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).).