Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.
17897874

Yesterday I received a private number call from someone,say

Customer Question

yesterday I received a private number call from someone,say that I have been randomly selected from the government,a grant for $7,000,with no obligations to pay back.I was also given a grant permission number to take to Walmart to receive payment.But I was told that I had to pay a $250.00 registration fee at Walmart pavement center, before receiving this grant. To make a long story short; I would like to know what protection could I put on my $250.00,if it turns out to be a scam.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

There is no protection once you turn over the $250 because the government has no such "random" grant program and, additionally, there are no government agencies which partner with Walmart for payment of fees.

This is positively a scam and the people contacting you are criminals attempting to steal your money.

Cut off all communication with them. You do not owe them an explanation.

You can contact the local police, if you want.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Are you online with me?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?