Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I found out my ex took me to court and I was unaware (12

Customer Question

Hello
I found out my ex took me to court and I was unaware (12 years ago). Because I was a no show, I have a warrant and my bankruptcy didnt protect me. So I am responcible for debt for not bei ng present. I just found out and have a disney cruse planned in 10 days. The warrant is feloney, will I get arrested? Cruise is in FL, Warrant GA.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 12 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be happy to answer your question.
I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.
Please note, I cannot comment on your specific situation, as this services is only limited to general information and for any legal advice / legal service you should contact your local attorney.

What is the destination of the cruise?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Carib and Mexico

Thank you for your follow up.

Generally, when re-entering the US each passenger is checked for any outstanding warrants and if the warrant comes up, then the DHS officers will detain the wanted person and will place the person in jail, pending the extradition to the state where the person is wanted.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
What is the extradition laws between FL and GA? IF money owed to Ex, will they pay the costs of transport?

Thank you for your follow up.

Each state within US would comply with an extradition and generally, someone who is wanted on a felony warrant would be detained and extradited to the state where the person is wanted, so generally, it would be a good idea to have the warrant resolved, before traveling, especially internationally.

I wish you the best of luck!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.