Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

My 23 year old daughter is being harrassed online. Someone

Customer Question

My 23 year old daughter is being harrassed online. Someone is sending inappropriate pictures of her to family and friends and threatening her if she does not respond by email that it will get worse. Is there anything we can do. She contacts the website administrators when she finds sites where he has posted. He is sending them to former college coaches, etc.
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 12 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

This is a form of cyberstalking. Most states have passed laws that make this illegal and impose criminal sanctions against the perpetrator.

The best course of action is to call the police and make an appointment with the detectives. Do not bother with the patrol officers, because they often try to put you off. You want to speak directly to the detectives. Be firm with the authorities that you need them to take action. If they are hesitant make an appointment with the District Attorney. Do not take NO for an answer.

This link has resources that may help you and also will link you to your state's laws:

http://www.haltabuse.org/resources/laws/

I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

I hope the information I have provided is useful to you and that I have earned a positive rating from you. It costs you nothing extra, and is the only way I get credit for my attempt to assist you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck,

Please note: Information given is not legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.