P. Simmons, Attorney
Experience:  16 yrs. of trial experience
11181181

Can someone still sue after 16 years if the libel was in an

Customer Question

can someone still sue for libel after 16 years if the libel was in an office email they could not have access to but the libel was spread over 16 years and he was well aware of the libel
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

Sorry...I am not sure I understand. WHy is it you believe the statute does not apply?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
because it was hidden
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
he still says he can sue
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

The issue is publication. When was the document first published (shared with others)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
april 1998
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was an email that was not sent but viewed by someone in office
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

If it was published in 1988? Then the statue began to run at that time. And has long expired.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.