Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I took my granddaughter who is disabled she was in the

Customer Question

I took my granddaughter who is disabled she was in the dental chair to get what I thought was a routine cleaning but I was called to the room which is open so everyone in the room could hear what is going on after I walked into the room my granddaughter was having a panic attack (I explained to the staff again that she has to be medicated before injection the dentist whose in charge came in the room and talking loud and asked what medication is she on my granddaughter says no mom don't
So I didn't the man in charge got upset and kept asking me I need to know what medicine and why is she taking it by this time after 15minutes my granddaughter is in panic mode where I couldn't do anything she let them do what they said was a cleaning by giving her a toothbrush she's clean her teeth I told the man in charge I have been coming here for a while and for some reason you look at the patients down on them with your nose in the air with no eye contact and I commented on the staff that sign you in and out were the best my granddaughter didn't sleep that night at all she's crying and asking me why are we treated like that don't they understand we don't want to be this way I'm sure you understand how I still feel today Hurt and ashamed that there are people out there this way who are mentally abusing our Disabled Family and and I write this to you my heart is heavy and my eyes are filled with tears because our disabled family don't or are not given the privacy that everyone gets Im speaking on behalf of all the patients who are been talked out loud so everyone could hear I have to find another dentist for her this is the second time this has happened she was sedated in the operating room and came out with 3teeth extracted without my knowledge and once she was told it was like I couldn't believe it that's something else she and I have to deal with I have said enough but what people don't understand we Love our children just like they do and we want the best for our children just like they do I feel better now but No one really understand how it hurts to see your love one hurt we do and I always say you know whoever read this and go through the same thing I Know You Know. I didn't mean to take this much of your time but right now my Heart is so heavy this has decreased my tears
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Eunice,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you have a legal question that you need answered?

Doug