Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a family member who is going to a pre sentencing.

Customer Question

I have a family member who is going to a pre sentencing for theft. For which he/she did not commit His attorney asked family member to pay 3,000.00 to the purposed victim and that should settled it. And that he/she should be let go of a lesser charge, his has caused him to looked guilty. He/she is now facing much more time. His attorney has charged just for saying hi, during hus/she consult time to argue this matter in court.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your family member.

You mentioned that he or she has to attend a pre-sentencing matter. Did he take a plea? Was a negotiated sentence part of that plea? That is, did he know what he was going to be sentenced to in exchange for his guilty plea?

Finally, what is the question that you have with regard to your family member's situation?