Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

My therapist texted me on a Sunday morning to remind me of a

Customer Question

My therapist texted me on a Sunday morning to remind me of a bill I owed. I was totally caught off guard - she then texted me the bill and texted me that she was just the messenger and has since cut all communication with me. I'm being treated for ptsd by her actions she has done to me what she was trusted to help me overcome! As far as the bill, it was 937.00 - 398 of which was delinquent from Sept., this was my fault I should have checked with my insurer, I promptly paid 500.00 followed by another 150. Leaving a balance (under 30 days) of 300. This is my lifeline, I'm not stable I don't believe a psychologist should be doing the billing Dept's Responsibility, how is that not a conflict?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 12 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney familiar with billing laws and common practices. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Unfortunately, this does practice does not violate the commonly accepted precepts of billing in healthcare related entities. It is certainly unusual. That said, behind the scenes, it is quite common that health care professionals monitoring their billing quite closely.

Based on the information that you have shared with me, I would not let this get to you at all. Chances are that the therapist assumed that this notification from her would come easier than if from some impersonal billing office. I think she was likely doing this as much out of care for you as anything. I could be wrong in that determination, but I have seen that practice in the past.

Also understand that this is not something to be embarrassed about. These providers know that people miss payments, make mistakes or simply lack the money to pay at times. They do not think less of you as a result. It is just part of the business of providing care.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments.

Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars).

Best wishes going forward!

Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 11 months ago.

Just checking back with you to see if you had any additional questions. I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward. Thanks!