Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question regarding us as a self storage facility to

Customer Question

I have a question regarding us as a self storage facility to changing requirements for tenants to have insurance on their goods.
Option Three
______ I request that the insurance requirement to maintain insurance for my goods while in storage be waived. I acknowledge and understand that this waiver of the insurance requirement places me in the position of a self insurer. I acknowledge and understand that this waiver places no burden, responsibility or liability upon the storage facility. I acknowledge and understand that the storage facility does not insure my goods, and has no responsibility to provide insurance. I acknowledge and agree that loss or damage that occurs to my goods while in storage is fully at my expense. Customer bears entire risk of loss or damage resulting from the negligence of AAA STORAGE. (I understand that I must provide renters/home owners insurance information within 6 days of move in or $1,000 coverage will be added to said unit at $7.95 per month). In pa
Expert:  Ely replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Your question was cut off. The last thing I have it: Customer bears entire risk of loss or damage resulting from the negligence of AAA STORAGE. (I understand that I must provide renters/home owners insurance information within 6 days of move in or $1,000 coverage will be added to said unit at $7.95 per month). In pa....

Can you please let me know what you were saying?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The part in parenthesis was added to the rental contract to protect the facility from any adversity.
Expert:  Ely replied 12 months ago.

Sorry - here is what I have:

(I understand that I must provide renters/home owners insurance information within 6 days of move in or $1,000 coverage will be added to said unit at $7.95 per month). In pa

I do not understand - what is your question in regards ***** ***** clause?

Expert:  Ely replied 12 months ago.

Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!