Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I was just pulled over and they found my 22 pistol in the

Customer Question

hi i was just pulled over for speeding and they found my 22 pistol in the front seat of my truck in san andreas ca .i forgot it was in there .how much trouble am i in
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Unlawfully carrying a concealed firearm is a violation of PC 25400. As you can see, the charge is a wobbler and in most instances, the crime is prosecuted as a misdemeanor, with a maximum of a year in jail and a fine of up to $1,000. Typically, however, if you have no record, you would be looking at nothing worse than summary probation if you wanted to resolve the matter without a trial.

You should have a lawyer when you come to court for this case. There may be search issues that need to be addressed, or possible defenses to the charge. But absent previous felony convictions and other aggravating circumstances, misdemeanor probation is likely as bad as this will get.