Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Does a person living a publicaly funded homeless shelter

Customer Question

Does a person living a publicaly funded homeless shelter have a right to gather recyclable items that were generated in that shelter -mostly the cans from the soft drinks that were thier on property machine. Exactly what are a person's rights in such a situation. Amung the homless, this is a big and current issue.
Thank you verymuch
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

SOrry...I do not understand the question. Are you asking if a property owner can prevent a person from scavenging items from their property?