Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

This is a very story my brother was told he would get the

Customer Question

This is a very long story my brother was told he would get the house an i would get his IRA my dad gave me the IRA # ***** 2013 there was 94.000 in it my Dad cancer metastasize in early 2014 he just kepted getting sicker my brother and his account wife were living with him i Live in FL i went up to spend a month with him in feb my brother was very mean to both of us he canceled my dads Dr app but one emergency to see a boill on my dads face thats when i found out my dad only had a few month left my dad could not rember to take his meds and my brother would yell at him my dad would cry and say its ok i dont want to get him madder i should have done more but i have always been afraid of my brother he beat my husband up for asking him to slow down when my brother was driving because there were no seat belts in his truck he is also a felonen and was dealing drugs out of my dads house
He Spent 5 years in prison for beating people up
I was trying to get my Dad back to FL but he was to weak and when i got home i called the IRA account because my they were writing out the checks for the bills my dad had a great retirement & social society he lived off of but when i got home i called the IRA and asked them to freeze it but they didnt i was surprised to find there was only 30.000 left in April when i i got home
when i left my brother told me i could not come back to see my dad he said i was to much to take care of i had a few disabilitys and he said his wifes parents would be there
but i called my dad every day he was always out of it but i just wanted to here his voice and till a few days befor he passed they only gave me 2 days notice and i had just tourn my Achilles tendon and needed surgery .and they said i would have to get there my self and stay at a hotel there was know way my husband i could afford that .
i could not walk either when i called my dads room at the hospital scotts wife answerd the phone i begged her to put the phone to my dads ear and my brother scott grabbed the phone from her and told me to Fu** off
Then they called and said if i wanted a part of my dads ashes i had to send 1.500 dollers and i did not have the money and a will came a few months later and it said he got every thing almost 200.000 every thing i have my dads signature on some paper work . and it does not look like his signature but there is nothing i could do i didn't have the money and come to find out the IRA had an address that i had not been there in 10 years and i have cards that my dad had sent me with the address i have lived at for 6 years . when i called the bank about the IRA there was only 15.000 left after taxes much less
I called the main branch and they said i could look into fraud but when they put me threw to the local bank my dad used this lady named nancy came on an said there was nothing i could do because my dad had passed she was very rude come to find out she was friends with my brother is there any way someone can help me * just found out that my brothers wife filed for bankruptcy in 2010 under Helan Rogers but she did not marry my brother ***** ***** till 2013 isn't that feudal fraud
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for your recent loss. And for the dilemma this has created. But I do not understand your specific question.

Do you have a specific question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Thank u for your response
i was wondering if there was any way to find away to show that my brother and his wife stole my Dads IRA that was Left to me ... my Brother and his wife were taking money out when my dad was to sick and not in sain mind
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Can you tell me, did your dad have a will? Did his estate go through probate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a will but my brother waited 60 to file it .and when i called my fathers atternoy that sent the will out she would not talk to me she said she was my brothers atternoy ...so i called a lawyer up in NH and she charged me 1.400 hundred to look at it .and she told me i could fight it but i may not win .i just did not have the money at the time .i just relized that the will was not valid pursuant to RSA 552:18 till just now she never told me that either it never looked like my dads signature it said it was done in 2013
I would have tryed to fight it knowing that the will was not done at the time of passing
The will has just been probated a few weeks ago is there any thing i can do at this point
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Thank you
And the money in question...was that passed in the will?