Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I'm under Megan's Law in New Jersey, I'm designated as a

Customer Question

I'm under Megan's Law in New Jersey, I'm designated as a Tier 1 (Low Risk), I'm into my 12th years no issues. I got a new parole officers 6 months ago. She has treating me Like Im Tier 3 saying I can't use the internet or have a web based cell phone which has never been an order for me. Asking me to report to the main office, which I have not done in over 10 years. Is there some guild line that must be followed. Do I have the right to request a new Officer?
Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

So when the new PO is insisting that you be regulated under a Tier 3 have you disputed this?

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

And it could be possible that she performed a new rating on you. Maybe there are new guidelines.

The method of assigning an individual to Tier 1, Tier 2 or Tier 3 involves a scoring system know as the Registrant Risk Assessment Scale. The RRAS is an actual form broken down into 13 separate categories.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

And so you want to know why she is treating you as Tier 3. If there have been new guidelines and she did a new eval, you should have been notified and if you are in disagreement you can challenge it in court.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

I suggest you consider asking her supervisor for a meeting with the 3 of you.

Expert:  Sam replied 1 year ago.

Ask to see how she is scoring you.