Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Reese, I received a copy of a garnishment to my employee,

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Reese, I received a copy of a garnishment to my employee, which is a bank and of course I have a checking account at this bank. Can they take what is in my checking account and 25% of my pay check? if so ow long do i have before these events take place?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sure. what are you looking to know more about? It is from credit card debit.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What is the garnishment related to? Does the amount of the garnishment exceed the amount in the checking account?