How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 115464
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My questions is.. I entered a football pot Thanksgiving

Customer Question

Good Morning , My questions is.. I entered a football pot for a Thanksgiving game , I paid 30 dollars a square and bought 2 squares , I won 2 quarters paying out 400 for the 2nd quarter and 750 for the 3rd quarter... the total winnings was 1,150 dollars.. the guy has not paid , and has not responded to any of my messages. Can I take him to small claims court in the state of Texas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Under Texas law, these football pools are considered illegal gambling, which is where you put up money for a chance to win. Because these pools are considered illegal games of chance, you cannot sue for breach of contract in small claims or any other court, because it is an illegal contract.

Related Legal Questions