Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I'm in DuPage County and my sister first kidnapped me when I

Customer Question

I'm in DuPage County and my sister first kidnapped me when I left the hospital after a fainting spell. She told me I would never see my condo again. She had already taken my pets to a shelter, taken my keys, wallet, cell phone - anything I might use to get help. I found out later, the first place she took me was St. Patricks Residence in Naperville, and after she got guardianship, I finally got the discharge papers which stated that I was OK to go home, that I had any problems, there were many community services available. Kath, my sister, and I had not talked in three years. She's very controlling and abusive. She had no power to do this, or then send me to Burgess Square for "knee therapy" or Wood Glen (as a throwaway). She didn't get guardianship until later. She had a connected atty in DuPage and I was not allowed to use my money for my attorney, I had to have a legal aid atty. Needless to say she won. She violated the court agreement on every item, but my attorney never listened to me, and went with Kath as my guardian. I am now out of the nursing home system, didn't have anything wrong with me that a little recuperation time wouldn't cure, but she left me with nothing literally. I am 67 years old, and am destitute for the first time in my life. I have a Masters in Poli Sci, I'm not a stupid person but I was held, like in a prison, and couldn't defend myself. I cannot find a lawyer or firm that would take my case on contingency or pro bono. Kath resigned the guardianship as soon as she had sold my home at a great loss. She even got rid of all my clothes - she didn't like the style, so she had her daughter stand guard over me at a clothing store in the dressing toom and Kath decided what clothes to try on and which she approved to buy with my money. Can anyone help me?
Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, an Illinois licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

I am unclear as to why you did not want a Cook County attorney if they indicated a willingness to take on the case?

Expert:  Loren replied 1 year ago.

Cook County attorneys work DuPage cases all the time, and vice versa.