Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was just released from state prison. I was serving a 2

Customer Question

I was just released from state prison. I was serving a 2 year sentence for a dui. I spent 100 days in reception san quenten and was assessed level 1 points (12) but was transfered to pleasant valley level 3 with lifers. during processing (orientation) was told by a committie that i would be held on the level 3 until a prior conviction was looked at (a contributing to a minor in 1991),i was 18 smoking pot with a 17 year old. being on this level yard i was attacked by a known gang member and since i didnt fight back was told i had to fight another inmate or i would be stabbed. under duress and fear and not any time to run i fought. after the fight i was charged with the worst level offence and was given 6 months more plus transfered to high desert and processed again.... I have paperwork. me my wife and children have been thru it... and should have never been subjected to a level that was not the same as my points. thank u for your time and coincederation...
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello there --

-

Was the other inmate seriously injured during the fight or were you and how much time did they add to your sentence for the fight?

-

MARY

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The first fight was when I was attacked while using the phone and the second was when I was forcibly had to fight with another guy and the guy that was the victim had a stitch on his eyebrow
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.

Hello again --

-

Did the prison police find that you were responsible for either of these fights?

-