LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Can I have a cheating wife removed from the home

Customer Question

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through and dealing with at this time. To have her removed, you would need a court order. For that to happen, you would need to essentially file for divorce and ask the Judge to order that she vacate from the home. You can share that she had an affair and that you are the primary caregiver to the children and that you want custody of them and to allow them to remain in the home with you. Absent a court order, the fact that she had an affair does not give you a right to physically remove her. This is not a criminal matter, so the police will not get involved. As such, you can not have her removed and if she does not voluntarily leave, you would need to have it ordered by the court.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 12 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!