Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

I wrote a letter to Walmart Recovery to tell them I could

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Debja. I wrote a letter to Walmart Recovery to tell them I could not make monthly payments to them. That I am back on disability with a monthly income of $733/mo. I received a letter from them stating I acknowledge that $560.84 shall be due and payable to the Noteholder. It says Payments shall commence on 10/15/2015 and continue for a period of 12 months at a monthly installment payment of $0.00 or until paid in full. I don't quite understand what that means.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Walmart is my first job in 14 years as I have been on disability. I incurred brain trauma and have been in cognitive rehab ever since. Well I started working at Walmart as a cashier in Mar2014. I was really doing well and didn't think I needed to take my medications anymore. I was wrong because without them, I made some poor choices and conducted myself inappropriately which allowed a person to leave he store without paying for some merchandise.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Legal Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for requesting me. What is it that you wish to ask about this situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What does their letter mean? I see on the letter from them that $0.00 is the monthly installment amount indicated. In my letter to them I told them I could not make any payments for the time being as my monthly income is a very modest $733/mo disability. So this is the letter they sent to me in response.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what they mean either. That is, I cannot tell from the wording whether Walmart wants a lump sum payment of $560.84 within 12 months of 10/15//2015 or if they are suspending payments altogether. The only way you will know for sure would be to contact Walmart Recovery and ask them to explain what they mean.

I'd like to give you a better answer, but there's no way I can determine their intention from the terms in this letter.