RONB-ESQ
RONB-ESQ, Lawyer
Experience:  Right of Way Manager at Access Midstream Partners, LP
90553395

Was on what was supposed to be a free consultation today. My

Customer Question

Was on what was supposed to be a free consultation today. My son's Dad is in the hospital and was just looking to see how he could help get his father's loan refinanced to a lower rate because he felt NationStar was taking advantage of his Dad. My son is not on the mortgage and doesn't have power of attorney, but the lawyers were so high pressured and my son ended up giving them a deposit. When we got home we felt these weren't the lawyers for us. Can this be rescinded since it hasn't even been 24 hours since it happened and should they even took his money since he's not on the deed and his father doesn't want to sign the power of attorney because they said to stop paying on the mortgage and he isn't behind at the moment? I feel so sick about this whole thing...can you please advise?
Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney. I welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. The question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Also in the event you are new to JA, I only receive a portion of what you pay to JA when you provide positive feedback and click the submit button on the upper right corner of your page. If I have provided you a timely response and answered your question please give me the courtesy of a positive rating before you log off the site, as many people forget to log back in and leave feedback. There is no additional charge for continuing to reply after you have rated me and we can continue a back and forth discussion until the question you posed has been fully answered

You should see my answer in the same pane below this response as we continue. In the event you would prefer a phone call please let me know and I can arrange it. It tends to be easier for both parties if you just tell me you want a phone call and let me send you the request versus using JA’s automated “request a call” feature. If you see a pop up regarding a phone call please note that the website generated that offer. Before I send you any such request it will typically be based on you requesting it by typing the request on the screen and then I will send you a phone call offer. Do note that a phone call is not required and we can continue here just typing comments back and forth.

You should be able to view my answer just below this response as we continue….

Could you give me some additional information. Is this to refinance a home or is this a home equity loan. How much did he pay as a deposit? Why did he pay a deposit? You mention lawyers is this a mortgage company or some kind of debt settlement group? The additional information will help me give you a more specific answer and better understand the situation.

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Just following up and wanted to see if you had logged in and replied to my request for additional information. After you reply I will be better able to answer your question

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 1 year ago.

Just wanted to check in again and see if you could provide the information I requested so I can work to answer your question. I look forward to hearing from you. If you happen to reply when I am not around the computer I will reply as soon as I am back at my computer usually after 12:00 PM CST until about 10:00 PM Do note that I will be out of town most of the day tomorrow Monday and back online about 6:00 PM, I look forward to hearing back from you so I can work to answer your question.

Regards,

Expert:  RONB-ESQ replied 12 months ago.

I am again following up to see if you have logged back in and provided the additonal information I requested so I can answer your question. If you prefer a phone call vs typing i can make that happen (note typically $52 additional) or I am also happy to continue typing your answer here once you provide the information I need to answer your question.

Regards,