Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a question about unwinding a car deal... if the bank

Customer Question

I have a question about unwinding a car deal... if the bank has not received the paper work can the dealer take steps to unwind it.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note that:

(A) The information we provide is general information. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here;

(B) When I feel that I have provided you with a complete answer, I will ask for you to assign a feedback rating so that JA will compensate me for my time; and

(C) You should not be concerned about any short delays between your questions and my replies. Please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, then I still make every attempt to respond within 24 hours.

Thank you for taking the time to understand how this site works. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Answer will follow in the pane below as per above parameters….

1. Did they make any representation to you that the car was in sound mechanical condition to induce you to purchase it?

2. What is the nature of the problem that you took back for on Monday?

3. The issue really has nothing to do with whether they have sent the deal to finance; rather it has to do with whether you have a way to undo a contract that you signed where you likely bought the car "as is" - so check your paper work for that and let me know if that is in fact the case.

4. Did they happen to represent to you what the fair market value of the car was before you agreed to purchase it?