LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  10+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

My storage unit was broken into and $1000 dollars in items

Customer Question

My storage unit was broken into and $1000 dollars in items was stollen. Their was arrested what is the procedure for restitution
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. First, you should speak with the storage unit company and see if there is any insurance which would cover this. If not, then, as the victim, the State of Ohio will represent your legal interest. As such, if this person was arrested and criminal charges are filed, then the State will obtain restitution on your behalf. They should contact you once the case gets filed but if not, you can call them and introduce yourself and provide them with the list of stolen items and they will get restitution on your behalf.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!