Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

My name is casey schieman and I have a friend in jail in las

Customer Question

Hello, my name is ***** ***** and I have a friend in jail in las vegas new mexico. His name is ***** ***** Im trying to add money on his books using the internet. Can you please tell me where I start?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
It seems their online account deposit site is not working as the link at http://www.smcounty.net/detention_center.html seems to have been removed.
You would have to use one of the 3 other methods, 1) dropping money off at the facility, 2) sending it by mail by calling San Miguel County Detention Center at(###) ###-####to confirm the address to send the money order to and how they want it made out or 3) making a deposit by phone and when you call they will tell you how to do that as well.
The online link seems to be broken though for the online deposits so they removed it from the site as you can see.